Gryphon Trident II
The overwhelmingly positive reception of the Gryphon Poseidon, a four-tower system that occupied a considerable piece of domestic real estate, generated massive audiophile interest for a single-enclosure, full-range system that could perform to the same high standards in somewhat smaller rooms.
The original Gryphon Trident was that system. Now, the Gryphon Trident II breaks new ground in audio performance, exploiting innovative drivers and cabinet construction technologies to create a direct music conduit with consummate sonic neutrality, textural purity and dynamic ease.
Revised versions of Gryphon Audio Designs products are few and far between for the simple reason that Gryphon has never brought a product to the marketplace, before it was fully ready for prime time. Because each product is allowed to mature in its own good time, the lifespan of a Gryphon model is far longer than that of the typical High End component that, if one is to believe the manufacturers, is suddenly outmoded and ripe for replacement after a single season.
- Three-way loudspeaker with on-board bass amplifier
- Constant Phase crossover for perfect phase at all frequencies at all times
- System response 16 – 40,000 Hz, -3 dB (depending on Q setting and room size)
- Remote control for Q setting, Bass Level, Mute and Low Cut
- Time-aligned front baffle curvature for identical arrival time from all drivers at the listening position
- Ultra-fast Air Motion Transformer tweeter with low-mass pleated metal diaphragm
- Customised, extensively modified Danish bass and midrange drive units
- Special cone surround termination to eliminate edge reflections
- Symmetrical vertical driver array for ideal point source presentation
- Four Gryphon 8″ bass drivers for extreme speed and precision with massive air displacement
- Custom designed Gryphon bass amplifiers capable of delivering 500 Watts continuously (8 ohms) per channel
- Integrated Linkwitz-Greiner Q Controller with pre-set and custom Q settings for ideal low frequency integration in any room
- Individually adjusted passive mid/high crossover network
- Triple-magnet bass/midrange driver motor system for maximum force and precise focus
- Sealed enclosures with extensive internal bracing
- Combination of pure wool and synthetic interior damping materials
- Stylish string grille for driver protection
- Virtually unlimited custom finish options
- Designed and built in Denmark