Transfiguration Phoenix S Cartridge MC
The Transfiguration Phoenix reveals the music in your record grooves with a pure, liquid, utterly transparent sound, as free from artificiality as mountain spring water.
Like all Transfiguration designs, the Phoenix incorporates an ultra-tight magnet coil coupling. The coils aren’t merely close; they’re literally inside the ring magnet, with coil-magnetic proximity of only a few thousandths of an inch. With dynamic mass minimised and coil saturation eliminated, Transfiguration cartridges maintain extremely fast and accurate response to groove movements.
The Temper features a boron cantilever, newly developed for a natural sound, a low-mass Ogura PA stylus tip, and pure silver coils.
- body: aluminium, resonance controlled
- cantilever: boron
- stylus: ogura PA (3 x 30µm) solid diamond
- core/coils: hi grade permalloy square core with 5N silver coils.
- magnet: neodymium – both front and rear.
- weight: 7.8g
- output voltage: 0.4mV (3.54cm/s, 1kHz)
- internal impedance: 4 ohms
- frequency response: 10Hz – 20kHz +1.5dB – 20kHz – 40kHz +2dB
- channel separation: > 27dB (200Hz – 1kHz)
- channel balance: < 0.5dB at 1kHz
- tracking ability: >70µm at tracking force 2.0g at 315Hz
- dynamic compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- recommended loading: >7 ohms
- recommend’ tracking force: 2.0 g
- optimum working temp’: 23º celsius
- break in period:30 hours