For the Planar 1 Plus, we wanted to optimise this circuit for ultimate performance so we have removed the USB interface and used the money saved to improve what was already a stunning disc stage.
The new built in stage offers the ability to connect the Planar 1 Plus directly to almost any system that has a standard line input via a standard phono to phono cable (supplied) or phono to 3.5mm lead. Simply put, there is no need to purchase a standalone phono stage or use an amplifier with a built in stage. Your Planar 1 Plus will connect directly to any standard Line Level input (such as you would connect a CD player to).
There are obvious audio advantages to housing the phono stage directly beneath the tonearm. The carefully shielded tonearm wire is soldered directly to the stage which prevents any unwanted pick up via the usual external cable between the arm and stage.
The Planar 1 Plus benefits from all of the advantages of its sibling, the Planar 1, such as a low noise 24v motor, precision hub bearing assembly and hand made RB110 tonearm with a factory fitted Rega Carbon cartridge. Set-up remains possible in under 30 seconds making this the easiest to use, and most flexible Rega turntable to date.
Stick on your favourite LP, sit back and enjoy!
Use only with a Rega PS1 350 mA power supply.
- 50 Hz: 24 V AC 0.142 mA maximum power consumption 3.4 W.
60 Hz: 24 V AC 0.129 mA maximum power consumption 3.1 W.
- Maximum Output Level (3.54 cm/s RMS 45 degrees CBS STR100 Band 6a and 7a): 370-410 mV
- Output Impedance: 1 kΩ
- Frequency Response (pre-amplifier only): 14 Hz (-3 dB Point) to 100 kHz (-0.6 dB Point)
- RIAA Accuracy (pre-amplifier only): (100 Hz to 20 kHz) ± 0.4 dB typically better than ± 0.25 dB
- Pre-amplifier Gain: 40 dB
- Pre-amplifier Input Loading: 47 kΩ in parallel with 220 pF
Signal to Noise Ratio: -75 dB A-weighted ref maximum output.
Power Requirements: 50 Hz 24 V AC 0.142 mA 3.4 W – 60 Hz 24 V AC 0.129 mA 3.1 W
- Dimensions (lid closed) H 11.7 x W 44.7 x D 36 cm
- Weight 4.35kg\