Gryphon Audio Antileon Evo Stereo
The extreme high current capability of the Gryphon Antileon EVO, for instance, is something that must be experienced first-hand, not merely gleaned from a specifications sheet. The wattage (W) that an amplifier is capable of generating is in fact the mathematical product of two factors, Voltage (V) multiplied by Current measured in Amperes (A).
On paper, a low-current, high-voltage amp would appear to produce the same number of Watts as a low-voltage, high current amp, but only if one does not take into account the crucial fact that the ability to generate high instantaneous current is far more critical and relevant to actual audible performance.
For this reason, the Gryphon Antileon EVO, like all Gryphon amplifiers before it, is a true high current design. With exceptional peak-to-peak current capability, the Gryphon Antileon EVO ensures compatibility with even the most viciously reactive loudspeaker loads, permitting the loudspeaker of your choice to perform at its very best.
- 2 x 150Watts Pure Class A – Stereo
- Fully balanced input and Voltage Amplifier Stage (VAS)
- 40 High current bipolar output transistors
- 670,000 µF power capacitor bank
- Newly developed ultrafast J-FET input stage
- Custom-developed ultra-low noise regulated power supply for voltage amplifier stage (VAS).
- DC servo circuitry with Mundorf RXF Polypropylene capacitors for power supply decoupling
- Takman REY precision resistors
- Flat frequency response to beyond 350 kHz
- Gryphon Guideline Reference gold-embedded silver internal wiring
- Custom-built separate toroidal transformers
- Shielded, epoxy-damped transformer casings suspended for effective vibration isolation
- Separate power supply for display and control circuits
- No output relays
- Frequency-independent damping factor
- Proprietary Gryphon double binding posts
- Automatic Green Class A bias setting or manual Low/High bias selection
- AC power status and polarity display
- Rigid mechanical structure
- Microprocessor-controlled non-invasive “smart” protection system
- Double sealed, mil spec PCB with 105 µm copper traces
- Upgradeable microprocessor software.