Tannoy Canterbury Gold Reference (DEMO)
These Tannoys have had very little play time, just enough to burn them in. The Canterburys speakers share the same 15” drivers as the legendary Westminsters (and we actually feel they sound better than their bigger brothers, and look better too).
- Recommended amplifier power 20 – 300 Watts
- Continuous power handling 150 Watts RMS
- Peak power handling 600 watt
- Sensitivity 96 dB (2.83 volt @ 1 m)
- Nominal impedance 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance 5 Ohms
- Frequency Response 28 Hz – 27 kHz (-6 dB)
- Dispersion 90 degrees conical
- Dual Concentric™ high frequency 52 mm (2”) aluminium/magnesium alloy dome with round wire voice coil.
- Dual Concentric™ low frequency 380 mm (15”) with paper pulp cone and twin roll impregnated fabric surround.52 mm (2”) round wire voice coil.
- Frequency 1.1kHz
- Type Bi-wired, hard wired passive, low loss, Time compensated. 2nd order low pass. 2nd order high pass Deep cryogenically treated.
- Adjustment +/-3 dB over 1.1 kHz to 27 kHz shelving
- 2 dB to -6 dB per octave over 5 kHz to
- 27 kHz slope
- Enclosure type Dual variable distributed ported
- Volume 235 L (8.3 cu.ft)
- Dimensions 1100 x 680 x 480mm
- (43.50 x 26.75 x 19.00”)
- Finish High density birch ply, walnut veneered, with solid walnut trim, 25 mm (1”) thick front baffle. Internally cross braced and heavily damped.