Gryphon Audio Mojo S
Mojo (US slang, West African origin) 1. A charm or magic spell 2. The art of casting magic spells
As the third-generation heir to Gryphon’s very first loudspeaker, the stand-mounted Cantata (2002-2008) and the current compact champion, the original Gryphon Mojo (2009-2016), the Mojo S comes with a vaunted lineage that immediately raises exceptionally high expectations.
Fortunately, because it draws heavily on the heritage of the Gryphon Kodo, our latest, cost no object, ultimate experimental test platform, the Mojo S is more than up the challenge, inheriting components, technologies and assembly techniques developing specifically for the Kodo.
Unlike most speakers in its weight class, the Mojo S was not built to a predetermined price point. Therefore, it lives up to the Gryphon philosophy of designing and building drivers correctly from the start, rather than using intrinsically flawed off-the-shelf drivers and attempting to compensate for their shortcomings with an overly complicated crossover.
Designed for seamless integration in a specific interval of room dimensions, Mojo S proudly joins the Gryphon Kodo in the uncompromising use of the finest hand-made components rarely seen in speakers of this size – or any size, for that matter.
Because of Mojo S’ perfect phase linearity, extended frequency response and fine-tuning options, it is substantially more revealing and more musical than any other loudspeaker anywhere near its size. Be prepared for a radical revision of everything you thought you knew about compact loudspeakers and their capabilities.
The Mojo S drivers were not chosen because they are trendy, flavour-of-the-month favourites, but carefully selected through comprehensive measurement and listening specifically to form a perfect sonic symbiosis. As a consequence, they require no overly complex crossover network to beat the drivers into submission and compensate for intrinsic shortcomings.
Driver weaknesses have been prevented, leaving no need to “cure” them with unnecessary crossover components that in conventional designs can suck the life and energy out of your music.
With its distinctive wraparound wings and contemporary styling worthy of the finest domestic interiors, Gryphon Mojo S is available as standard in a broad range of distinctive colour options in multiple layer semi-gloss or high gloss two-pack automotive paint with a very hard surface.
- Two-way, three-driver loudspeaker system
- Duelund Constant Phase crossover for perfect phase at all frequencies at all times
- System response 37 Hz – 40 kHz, -3 dB (depending on room size)
- Time-aligned concave front baffle for identical arrival time from all drivers at the listening position
- Special cone surround termination to eliminate edge reflections
- Hand-adjusted passive crossover network
- Ultra-fast Air Motion Transformer tweeter with low-mass pleated metal diaphragm
- User-selectable resistors for fine-tuning of in-room high-frequency response
- Reinforced enclosures with extensive internal bracing
- Custom-made Danish bass/midrange drive units
- Combination of pure wool and synthetic interior damping materials
- Stylish string grille for driver protection
- Custom finish options
- Designed and hand-built in Denmark