- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Clearaudio Balance V2 Phono Stage
Clearaudio Balance V2 Phono Stage
How do you balance simplicity with complexity? Clearaudio’s balance plus phono stage managed it with ease and now the new balance V2 advances its technologies while losing none of the equilibrium. On the one hand, its design remains elegantly unfussy and its operation effortlessly intuitive. And yet at the same time, the balance V2 offers an array of options to adjust and fine-tune its performance to your particular system and preferences.
The Balance V2 phono stage features:
- A solid aluminium resonance-free chassis into which all parts are assembled, protecting them from unwanted vibrations.
- A fully balanced circuit design to extract the maximum performance when used with balanced wired tonearms and preamplifiers.
- Completely independent circuitry for the left and right channels, leading to excellent stereo separation and a highly realistic soundstage.
- An external power supply which is built into a second resonance-free aluminium chassis. This keeps the delicate audio signal away from mains power thus minimising hum and noise, while also providing a highly refined and exact voltage to the delicate phonostage electronics ensuring purity and stability of performance.
- The addition of a volume control, which allows the Balance+ to be used directly into a power amplifier in a single-source system, thereby improving the system performance by providing a shorter signal path and saving the cost of a separate pre amplifier.
- High quality gold plated input and output RCA terminals which give a superb contact and will not degrade over time.
- A switchable subsonic filter which gives the provision to remove subsonic frequencies, improving the performance of warped records.
- The sleek casing is crafted from precision-milled aluminium, which is also available with an anodized black finish. As well as the usual RCA outputs, the balance V2 features balanced XLR outputs and a 6.3 plug headphone output. All RCA inputs and outputs are gold-plated for superior signal transmission.
Besides the manual volume control you can choose between mute and automatic mode by button. A simple switch allows you to choose between moving magnet and moving coil mode. From there, the balance V2 will automatically harmonize with almost any high-end phono cartridge without you needing to make any further adjustments.
High precision RIAA equalization achieves an accuracy of within 0.1 dB, while an optional subsonic filter attenuates any unwanted low frequency noise. A separate power supply in its own aluminium casing keeps any potential unwanted interference at bay. With this small yet high-performance package, Clearaudio effectively balances audiophile-quality technology with a simplicity that can be enjoyed by any music enthusiast. Just take a seat and enjoy.
Amplification @ 1 kHz
44 dB (MM mode)
63 dB (MC mode)
47 kOhm / 220 pF / MM mode
510 Ohm / 220 pF / MC mode
MM / MC input
switchable (on bottom panel)
delay time: 75 μs / 318 μs / 3180 μs
± 0.1 dB
0.001% (IEC A)
Signal to noise ratio
89 dB (MM Mode)
74 dB (MC Mode)
> 92 dB (@ 1 kHz) / opposed channel hot-wired
Max. output voltage
10.5 V (@ 1 kHz)
20 Hz: –3 dB / Oct
± 18 V DC (external power supply)
Max. consumption: 6.6 Watt
Consumption in operation: 6.6 Watt
Off mode: 0.0 Watt (turned off at rear panel)
Total weight Approx.
1.8 Kg (Preamplifier)
Approx. 2.5 kg (Power supply)
Dimensions (W/D/H in inches)
Preamp: 7.09 x 8.66 x 2.17
Power Supply: 7.09 x 7.28 x 2.17
Dimensions (W/D/H in mm)
Preamp: 180 x 220 x 55
Power Supply: 180 x 185 x 55
* Only if the Manufacturer’s guarantee card is filled out correctly and sent back within 2 weeks to Clearaudio.